- 350g British Chuckleberries defrosted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300ml double cream
- 175g caster sugar
Total time required: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- Add the chuckleberries and 3 teaspoons of water into a pan, and cook over a low heat until soft. Remove from the heat and add the sugar, mix until dissolved.
- Leave to cool then blend the mix. Sieve this to make a puree.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Whip the double cream using a hand whisk; it should have a stiff texture. Slowly fold the puree into the cream using a metal spoon.
- Serve into individual serving glasses and leave to set in the fridge.
Tip: you can freeze this to make a yummy ice cream, transfer to a freezer proof container and leave to set. Transfer from the freezer to the fridge 10 minutes before serving to allow the ice cream to soften.