If you didn't know already, July marked the beginning of blackcurrant season in the UK and we have been really busy in recent weeks at British Frozen Fruits harvesting our tasty organic blackcurrants on our South Herefordshire farm. Blackcurrant season is short and sweet so our strong, fruity, and slightly tart berries are best picked throughout July when they are at their peak sweetness and optimum ripeness.
The Harvesting Process
Due to the volume of organic blackcurrants that...
This fruit tart is one of our favourites for dinner parties, or as a summer treat - your guests will always want to come back for more! By buying and using frozen fruit you aren't relying on seasonality in order to use your favourite British fruits, so you can bake with summer berries year round.
Blackcurrant Tart with French Flan Pastry
French Flan Pastry (For a 7inch diameter flan tin):
- 4oz flour
- 2oz butter (cold and cubed)...
How to infuse your favourite spirit with soft fruit
Infusing your favourite spirit, we would recommend gin or vodka, is a great way to experiment with flavours or diversify your drinks trolley, plus they can make perfect gifts or wedding favours!
For some fruit inspiration, we'd recommend trying some of the below, but you can trial most fruits and see how it goes:
Posted: April 16, 2021Categories: Organic Blackcurrants
Here at British Frozen Fruits, we have been supplying Yeo Valley with our Organic Blackcurrants for around 20 years! We are incredibly excited to introduce you to the Yeo Valley Organic RHS Limited Edition British Blackcurrant Yogurt. It is made with 100% British organic milk and our organic blackcurrants and you can find it nationwide in Waitrose and Sainsbury's stores.
Yeo Valley Organic is a family-owned organic dairy company and...
Jam is one of our favourite things to make on the weekend, so we have fresh jam all week made out of our favourite berries. However, we know that you don't always have the time to make your own so we are sharing a delicious alternative to homemade jam: Blackcurrant and Chia Seed Jam.
This jam takes 15-20 minutes, so it's easy to have on the go in the morning and will last up to 5 days in your fridge. Plus it's full of antioxidants and fiber thanks to the blackcurrants and...
- 400g British (Organic) Blackcurrants frozen
- 140g caster sugar
- 100ml water
- 300g British Raspberries frozen
- 50g sugar
- 100ml water
- 350g British IQF / Puree/Juicing Blackberries frozen
- 70g sugar
- 100ml water
- 400g British (Organic) Blackcurrants defrosted
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 5 sheets of gelatine
- 300ml double cream, plus extra to serve.
- 300ml whole milk
Total time required: 35 minutes + chilling
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Heat the blackcurrants and sugar gently for around 10minutes, stirring often, until skins are broken...
- 250g British Raspberries frozen
- 200g British (Organic) Blackcurrants frozen
- 2 tbsp water
- 300ml (or a 284ml pot) single cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 150g caster sugar
- 300ml (or a 284ml pot) double cream
Total time required: 20 minutes + freezing
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Heat blackcurrants in water, when beginning to break up add raspberries and continue to...
- 200g British (Organic) Blackcurrants defrosted
- 1 small ripe banana
- 200ml apple juice
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
Total time required: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Press the defrosted blackcurrants through a fine sieve to remove the pips and skin.
- Place the blackcurrant juice,banana, apple juice and yoghurt into a blender and whizz until smooth...
- 400g British Blackcurrants defrosted
- 250g caster sugar
- 250ml water
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
Total time required: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Place the blackcurrants, sugar and water into a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Once sugar has dissolved bring the mixture to a gentle...