How to infuse your favourite spirit with soft fruit
Infusing your favourite spirit, we would recommend gin or vodka, is a great way to experiment with flavours or diversify your drinks trolley, plus they can make perfect gifts or wedding favours!
For some fruit inspiration, we'd recommend trying some of the below, but you can trial most fruits and see how it goes:
November 27, 2019
For the cake:
For the icing:
- 225g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 225g self raising flour
- 200g frozen blueberries (coated in flour)
- 70g icing sugar
- few drops of lemon juice
- water if needed
Total time required: 45 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas mark 5.
- Grease & line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter & caster sugar in a bowl until light & fluffy.
- Add the 3 eggs, zest & juice -
April 06, 2018
Makes 12 Muffins
- 250g frozen British Blueberries
- 300g plain flour
- 225g sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Total time required: 40 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Sift flour and combine with sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly to ensure baking powder and salt are evenly dispersed.
- In a separate bowl mix vegetable oil, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Add ‘wet’ mixture to ‘dry’ mixture and use a fork to combine. Do not over mix.