Makes 12 Muffins
- 250g frozen British Blueberries
- 300g plain flour
- 225g sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 150ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Total time required: 40 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Sift flour and combine with sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly to ensure baking powder and salt are evenly dispersed.
- In a separate bowl mix vegetable oil, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Add ‘wet’ mixture to ‘dry’ mixture and use a fork to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in frozen blueberries and divide between 12 muffin cases.
- Bake blueberry muffins for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins come out clean.