- 400g British (Organic) Blackcurrants defrosted
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 5 sheets of gelatine
- 300ml double cream, plus extra to serve.
- 300ml whole milk
Total time required: 35 minutes + chilling
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Heat the blackcurrants and sugar gently for around 10minutes, stirring often, until skins are broken and juices released. Remove from heat and press through a fine sieve.
- Place gelatine sheets in a bowl and cover with cold water, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the cream and milk until it almost comes to a simmer and remove immediately.
- Squeeze excess water from the gelatine sheets and place into the warm cream, stir until dissolved.
- Stir the cream into the blackcurrant sauce until smooth. Sweeten with a little extra sugar if you feel it needs it.
- Rinse a mould or basin with cold water and pour the mixture carefully into the mould.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill over night until set
- To serve remove the clingfilm and dip mould / basin into a large bowl of just-boiled water. Count to 5, then lift out and press your fingertips around the edge of the cream to break the seal. Invert onto a serving plate and the pudding should release itself – if not repeat the process. Serve with cream.