- 400g British Blackcurrants defrosted
- 250g caster sugar
- 250ml water
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
Total time required: 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Place the blackcurrants, sugar and water into a saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Once sugar has dissolved bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the juice and skin of the lemon and bring the syrup back to a simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Let the cordial cool and pass through a fine sieve.
- Pour the cordial into sterilised bottles, cool and keep refrigerated until needed.
- Serve diluted to taste with sparking water and ice cubes.